Practical Pick Up Forums / General Forums / Girls and Dating v / Anyone ever date a bipolar woman? Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone ever date a bipolar woman?
BrB Offline
On the way up

Anyone ever date a bipolar woman?
There are a lot of woman out there who do a lot of strange things and often times guys think these chicks are crazy. What happens when your dating a girl who is actually diagnosed with bi-polar disorder and is on medication?

Anyone ever deal with this type of situation? Thoughts or opinions would be helpful.
06-14-2011 01:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaveyDrama Offline
Pickup with a Twist

RE: Anyone ever date a bipolar woman?
I've actually been seeing a girl for the past 6 months who is bipolar. She tells me that she has what is known as 'love addiction' where she needs to constantly feel needed and loved by someone/something and when she is receiving affection, she is a cute cuddly little teddy bear. When she is not receiving affection (even if you're just trying to joke around with her) she becomes this hugely jealous, spiteful, hurtful, evil bitch. Eventually I just learned how to keep her happy. A lot of my friends think I should stay the fuck away from her, because no joke, she is one of those girls who I could see half way through giving me a blowjob, to decide to bite my dick off because of something I said an hour earlier. But she's just such a kinky bitch it's hard to cut the cord ..

My advice though - steer clear

Facebook - Dave Spence - Friend Request that shit
06-14-2011 01:08 PM
Brett Offline
Man with a Plan

(06-14-2011 01:08 PM)DaveyDrama Wrote:  I've actually been seeing a girl for the past 6 months who is bipolar. She tells me that she has what is known as 'love addiction' where she needs to constantly feel needed and loved by someone/something and when she is receiving affection, she is a cute cuddly little teddy bear. When she is not receiving affection (even if you're just trying to joke around with her) she becomes this hugely jealous, spiteful, hurtful, evil bitch. Eventually I just learned how to keep her happy. A lot of my friends think I should stay the fuck away from her, because no joke, she is one of those girls who I could see half way through giving me a blowjob, to decide to bite my dick off because of something I said an hour earlier. But she's just such a kinky bitch it's hard to cut the cord ..

My advice though - steer clear

Davey, I think your girl needs to be re-evaluated for borderline personality disorder, that doesn't sound like bi-polar to me.
06-14-2011 01:13 PM
Brett Offline
Man with a Plan

(06-14-2011 01:01 PM)BrB Wrote:  There are a lot of woman out there who do a lot of strange things and often times guys think these chicks are crazy. What happens when your dating a girl who is actually diagnosed with bi-polar disorder and is on medication?

Anyone ever deal with this type of situation? Thoughts or opinions would be helpful.

And brb, it really depends on the severity of her bipolar, and how well controlled she is by her medication. A lot of bi-polar's have trouble holding down a job (I can't remember the exact statistic, it's like 50% can or something), and a lot of bi-polars tend to go off their medication because they enjoy the manic state so much, but there's no drug to just treat the depression.
06-14-2011 01:17 PM
DaveyDrama Offline
Pickup with a Twist

Correct me if I'm wrong (happens often enough) lol, but isn't bi-polar where you go from one extreme to the other very quickly? Super happy to super angry/sad?

Facebook - Dave Spence - Friend Request that shit
06-14-2011 01:23 PM
Jon Offline
Forum Pimp

super hyper to super depressed. Not angry.

If she's on medication and has it mostly handled, date her. If she ever goes off the meds against her therapist's advice, its over.
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011 01:37 PM by Jon.)
06-14-2011 01:37 PM
TheBoss Offline
Apprentice

I dated a bi-winning woman once. True story.
06-14-2011 01:52 PM
Brett Offline
Man with a Plan

(06-14-2011 01:23 PM)DaveyDrama Wrote:  Correct me if I'm wrong (happens often enough) lol, but isn't bi-polar where you go from one extreme to the other very quickly? Super happy to super angry/sad?

Bi-polar people have 2 gears, mania and depression. The manic state is a state of euphoria, extreme joy, grandiose emotions (you think you can do anything in the world and have "so many ideas flying through your head you can barely contain them all"), and you often can't sleep for days and will do things like vacume your entire house in the middle of the night. The other extreme is depression, where you are so down you can barely get yourself out of bed. While there are people who are considered "rapid cyclers" who will go back and forth between the two extremes many times throughout the day, they're rare. The far more common form of bi-polar disorder is where you go from one state to other for weeks or months at a time.

Borderline personality disorder is where all of your relationships tend to be completely black and white. They are very passionate. You either love the person you're with more than anyone has ever loved anyone ever before, or they are the worst person in the world and you hope they die a horrible, horrible death. There is no middle ground, and often their feelings can flip from one extreme to other practically mid sentence. They tend to get involved in very passionate relationships very quickly ("love addiction," as you put it), and the sex can be great (so I've heard).
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2011 02:24 PM by Brett.)
06-14-2011 02:21 PM
Extropy Offline
Man with a Plan

Generally speaking, IMO you should stay away from people who pull you down. When people are depressive or have issues, it ends up in trouble way too much and you can't help them anyway.

06-14-2011 02:31 PM
Brian Offline
Prince Charming

Super nice to super angry.

I was roommate with a bipolar woman. She went from "oh, you're so great. I could cook for you etc" to yelling and screaming at me for 3 hours.
06-14-2011 04:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Telling A Woman You Love Her Livewire 12 7,317 09-18-2011 06:41 AM
Last Post: Philip
  Why wont girls date me at all? giantlife 4 34,726 09-11-2011 10:37 AM
Last Post: neon
  Being an East Indian guy and wanting to date interracial, rough journey? Pedals2Medals 28 13,105 09-08-2011 10:43 AM
Last Post: Mark
  Planning and Having A Successful Date? Livewire 26 11,348 08-29-2011 06:53 PM
Last Post: Philip
  First online date...going out with an older woman TheBoss 7 4,728 08-26-2011 07:28 AM
Last Post: TheBoss
  What's wrong with my date game? Trickster 31 13,431 07-25-2011 10:39 AM
Last Post: Onecon
  Women who aren't DTF on first date == ethics challenge? Tim9000 17 8,608 06-27-2011 04:02 PM
Last Post: Tim9000
  Does any woman communicate directly? Leo 12 4,525 05-25-2011 06:05 AM
Last Post: youregettingitwrong
  Woman in reserved countries matty 9 3,133 05-23-2011 05:01 AM
Last Post: Mark
  First insta-date everrrr shadow 1 1,316 05-12-2011 07:18 PM
Last Post: 8_ball