Practical Pick Up Forums / General Forums / Girls and Dating v / Self-conscious about my appearance Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Self-conscious about my appearance
Harry Potter Offline
Neophyte

Self-conscious about my appearance
This isn't quite the same as the "too ugly" thread IMO which is why I'm starting a new thread.

I don't think my face is ugly; I probably am not going to be a male model, but I think my features are proportionate and my female friends have told me that I'd be attrctive if I lost weight. I knew at least one girl had a crush on me in school (though nothing came out of it and I pretended like I never heard it). Many people have also said that I look older than I am.

I'm on a great weight-loss programme now but it'll be a couple of months before my abs are visible. My gut doesn't burst out of my clothes but it does bulge. I have broad shoulders (about 24 inches from deltoid to deltoid) and you can tell that I workout more or less, but I still feel self-conscious about that; one of my grandmothers always says I'm fat, needless to say, I loathe that grandmother for this and other reasons, but I can't help thinking that that's the way other people here think of me too. This is an Asian country and the standards for beauty are skinnier than in the West.

I've just graduated from high school and don't really have much money to spend on clothes etc. I buy a lot of books and protein powder every so often so maybe that's just a case of different priorities. Anyway i don't plan on buying more clothes at my current size since I'll klose more weight and they won't fit any more. I mostly wear dark t-shirts and long trousers -- the t-shirts are not baggy though the trousers are.except for exercise shorts. I feel cheap wearing this to meet girls when they dress so much better than me but currently I mostly go out to the gym, the bookstore or the library so dressing "up" for that seems unnecessary.

Am I being overanalystic? I thought of posting this for a while since the forum just started but coudln't get it out right. but bthese are the main things that keep me from being out doing day game (night game is too expensive for me now).
04-11-2011 03:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mark Offline
Emperor

RE: Self-conscious about my appearance
Your looks are never a valid reason for not taking action. Ever. You're making excuses.

Yes, work on your looks, get in shape, etc. But go out too.

Models - A Comprehensive Guide to Attracting Women
G3 Program - Step-by-step interactive coaching program -- takes you from A-to-Z with women.
04-11-2011 04:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frozen Flame Offline
Man with a Plan

I believe that the most important thing is that girls see that you work on your appearance and take care of yourself.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 09:53 PM by Frozen Flame.)
04-11-2011 09:00 PM
Lycan Offline
Man with a Plan

If you are thinking about it all the time you will always feel something is off with your clothes
Always wear stuff you believe you look good in and then forget about it as soon as you are dressed
04-11-2011 11:15 PM
Frozen Flame Offline
Man with a Plan

if it only were that easy... Just read some Tolle, bro and stop being self-conscious Wink
04-11-2011 11:37 PM
GeeCee Offline
Man with a Plan

Quote:Am I being overanalystic?

Yes.

Dude I have a belly (I'm working on it!). Girls dont mention it. They are too self-conscious about you judging them.

The way I see it is that we see girls as static snapshots... hence a bit of objectification tends to happen...
I think girls are more interested in the dynamic of you.... so where are you moving towards... what are you explaining... where are you directing your energy..... if your geniunley working on yourself.... you are! Thats important to the babes.

I think thats why a lot of girls cant be attracted to a picture of a guy. They have to see how he acts and moves.

Hope that makes sense.
04-12-2011 04:25 AM
Mark Offline
Emperor

I used to have a nice big belly. A lot of girls I dated actually claimed they liked it.

Models - A Comprehensive Guide to Attracting Women
G3 Program - Step-by-step interactive coaching program -- takes you from A-to-Z with women.
04-12-2011 05:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lycan Offline
Man with a Plan

Muscels are just too hard.
I wish i didnt work out today Wink
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2011 07:15 AM by Lycan.)
04-12-2011 05:19 AM
Happy Offline
Man with a Plan

"Ripped Abs" are soft when you relax them.
It depends on what look you prefer for yourself. Some kind of girl will be more into it (usually athletic ones), some not, some won't care either way.
No way to find out what is "better" until you tried it.
04-12-2011 05:51 AM
GeeCee Offline
Man with a Plan

I would argue that you should get in shape just to please yourself and not to give yourself a look necessarily. Im working out at the moment and although my better posture gets me some attention I would be slightly disappointed if a girl rated my looks better than my awesome banter. Wink
04-12-2011 07:11 AM