College Question for Mark - Printable Version
+- Practical Pick Up Forums (http://www.practicalpickup.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Forums (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Girls and Dating (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: College Question for Mark (/showthread.php?tid=732)
College Question for Mark - Playmaker001 - 08-02-2011 03:33 AM
@ Mark: This is a question for you homie. I'm the guy that wrote "I Want to be a Casanova". My plan is to approach a ton of girls on campus during the day this year. In hopes of sleeping with a lot of girls. i want to know:
1. If this will screw up my reputation on campus (seeing as ppl know ppl)
2. What if i run into the same girls but forget because i've talked to sooo many.
3. Do i just invite girls to parties and to my place to "watch movies" and study if i want to get laid. Or can i take them on little dates on campus as well ( keep in mind I'm a broke college student and these are young girls who are busy socially and haven't gone on many dates in their life before, not to mention some younger girls seem to be socially slower then i thought they would be.)
My plans are to start approaching right from move in day. I'm going to immediately be that social, flirty guy and even get numbers from the girls who will be livng in the complex I live at. This campus is huge, but if I'm doing something wrong or that could kill my reputation with my best friends/ fellow students PLEASE let me know.
Other members feel free to give advice as well.
RE: College Question for Mark - ZeroKelvin - 08-02-2011 07:02 AM
I'd suggest you pace yourself, hombre. You'll do much better in the long run if you don't try to immediately fuck every chick you get a chance with. You'll also enjoy the college experience if you diversify your experiences-- intramural sports, hobbies, clubs, parties, friends-- instead of just trying to get laid. Getting inappropriately wasted with no chance of getting laid is a rite of passage.
1. Really depends how you go at it. No one could really hate on you if you approach with a genuine, "Hi, I thought you were kinda cute and wanted to meet you" (a la Mark). Also no one could hate on you for hooking up with girls who actually like you. Just don't be creepy, and be socially normal.
2. They won't care. At best, they'll be attracted by your confidence / indifference. But in most cases, they simply won't care; if you didn't remember them, why would you expect them to remember you?
3. Have a solid group of friends that hang out regularly in a lobby / lounge type area of your dorm. Invite her to hang out there. Be near her (probably, on the couch in the lounge) and talk to her in particular, but also enjoy hanging out with your friends. Later, invite her to come check out your room, play N64, have a drink, watch a movie. Then make a move. Alternatively, invite her to a party, pregame with her and your friends, meet her friends, and hold hands and stay near her the entire night. Those are probably the most solid approach to college freshman situations , but you can also simply invite her over for a movie / games / drink, skipping the group socializing if you have a particularly strong connection with her (or if she's horny and attracted to you).
But really, the best advice would be for you to just enjoy college for its own sake, be friendly and social with everyone, and take every opportunity you can with women (approaching, escalating, closing).
RE: College Question for Mark - Playmaker001 - 08-02-2011 07:11 AM
Thanks ZeroKelvin, rep point for that.
I already have a pretty damn good college lifestyle if I may say so myself. I'm going into my second year now and worked really hard developing a great social circle. I'm thinking now, I posed those questions because the wuss inside me is trying to come up with more excuses not to hit on cute girls on a regular basis. You telling me the ppl will either not mind it, or simply won't care, reassured me that I'm going to make this happen regardless. Even if in some rare case, a few people were to hate on me, why should I give a shit? I'm in it for myself. That constant nice guy who cares how other people perceive me, he's dead now.
RE: College Question for Mark - FirstAidKit - 08-02-2011 07:34 AM
1. What will happen to your 'reputation' depends how you act, and how small your campus is. Your campus is huge so the second point is moot. If your reputation ends up being a sexy guy who is upfront about what he wants and is cool and interesting to boot, girls will be attracted to that. In fact girls who are wanting casual sex or who are looking for a rebound will probably seek you out. If you come off as a creep who ONLY talks to a girl if there's a chance he can fuck her, lie about your intentions (happy non committal sexy fun times), and give people herpes, girls won't be attracted to that. Well, some probably still will. But they will be nuts and you shouldn't put your penis in them.
I'd also recommend not going for the girls in your immediate social circle (ones you see several times a week), unless they come on to you. It can work out but the drama potential is much higher. The sweet spot is with friends of friends and aquaintances. Throw or attend a lot of parties to meet them.
2. Try and remember their faces at least? This would offend some girls I think, but could pretty much entirely be defused by making friendly chitchat before going for the swoop. A simple 'Hey, have I seen you at (insert club/bar/party here) before?' will catch out any that have met you, and if you haven't it's a perfect opportunity to follow with 'Their happy hour deals are great on Wednesday, I'm going with some friends, you should come.'
3. Luckily for horny students everywhere, college/university is the best way to get laid whilst spending the minimum of money. 'Watching movies' is generally considered date like if it's just the two of you and you aren't particularly close friends. Cheap activity dates like pool are great too and have plenty of opportunity for flirting and touching.
Lastly, I'd like to make a quick point about 'nice guys'. I'm not the first person to say this on the internet and I doubt I'll be the last, but if the only reason you're being nice is so you can get laid, you are not being a nice person. 'Nice' is a bare minimum - if its the only word people describe you with, it means that other adjectives such as cool, interesting, funny, passionate, generous, witty aren't.
Be more than nice.
RE: College Question for Mark - OwenWilsonsNose - 08-02-2011 08:00 AM
Having just graduated college about two months ago I have some advice that I can dish out as well. You have to tread lightly when it comes to cold approaching multiple girls on campus. Not sure how big your school is, but it is easy to be labeled the creeper who walks up to every girl on campus hitting on her. I feel like that is more likely a label for you to receive than to be known as the confident guy not afraid to tell women how he feels.
I know Mark has touched on it in his stuff on college game but social circle is probably the biggest factor there is to getting girls, but you can find that stuff on the site. But also, I read somewhere that you are getting your own place soon? This will probably help you the most overall. Upon getting my own apartment in college my lays and results sky rocketed. Was it because I discovered some crazy PUA pill? Probably not. Just the fact of having your own place in college makes things so easier...no signing people in, throwing parties whenever you want, etc. I can't tell you the number of times we would have a party and pulling a girl at your own party would just happen.
That's my two cents. Looking back, college is going to be the easiest years of your life to pick up and meet girls. If you go about it the right way, you'll be raking them in left and right.
RE: College Question for Mark - Mark - 08-02-2011 08:11 AM
I'm going to give you the same advice I get ALL incoming college freshmen, which is this:
Don't make pick up a priority. Spend your first 1-2 semesters focusing on building social circles, friendships and getting the hang of college life. Seek out where the good parties happen, network with people on campus, get involved in extra-curriculars, make friends with the guys on your hall. This stuff is all fall more important and useful than cold approaching chicks.
If you spend your time cold approaching instead of doing the stuff above, you will seriously regret it by sophomore or junior year. Trust me.
Worry about pick up AFTER you've got a vibrant social life going and you're hooked up in the party scene. Not to mention AFTER you've gotten the hang of college classes and studying on your own. It's sad but a lot of college guys have failed out of school because they spent way too much time and effort doing pick up. I've also seen college guys drift for 2-3 years without making any real friendships or connections because they were too obsessed with cold approaching on campus.
You have the rest of your life to cold approach and get laid. You only get four years to have a college experience. Put college first. Do pick up later. If you do the college part right, getting laid like a champ will not be hard.
RE: College Question for Mark - Playmaker001 - 08-02-2011 08:39 AM
@FirstAidKit: Great advice. I know not to talk to the girls in my immediate social circle. Although there is definitely flirting going on (that's just the way i am) with some of them and one time a party make out. About the nice guy thing, I think I could better describe my old self as "the guy that was afraid to take action with women." Everything else in my life i would do without thinking and with confidence. Whether it be sports, mma fighting, public speaking, performing live music, being social, etc. The action of going after women was what i struggled with. Weird huh, it's not like you girls are anywhere near as scary as some 300 pound football player trying to crush me.....
@ OwenWilsonsNose: No i don't think I'll be seen as the "creeper". I'm pretty awesome and very socially aware.
@Mark: Thanks for replying because i know you're a busy guy, but that advice doesn't apply to me. I'm a sophomore in college with a great social circle, 4.0 gpa, cool friends, and very involved.
RE: College Question for Mark - ZeroKelvin - 08-02-2011 09:43 AM
I've actually approached the exact same group of chicks with the exact same line (opinion opener, ugh, it was right after I satrted) twice in the same night. They remembered and actually thought it was pretty funny and let me play it off as a joke. I've also met girls on different nights out that I didn't remember but who remembered me and they made a comment about it, but didn't seem to care or mind.