Joined: Apr 2011
|READ FIRST: Forum Rules and Policies
Every forum seems to need to have a post specifying those obnoxious rules and regulations, and this one is no different. I'd like this to be an enjoyable, cordial and even intellectual environment. But we must lay some groundwork first so that we can establish the proper culture around here. So excuse me for a moment while I bark at you all for a moment.
Please pay attention to the following rules and policies. Failure to do so can and/or will get you banned, possibly without warning.
By posting on this forum, you implicitly agree to everything that's written here.
- These are the forums of PracticalPickup.com and therefore are centered around men meeting women, relationships, sex, self improvement and other men's issues. Please keep all threads in the appropriate forum. They may be moved without warning.
- This board is based on a culture of respect, constructive criticism, probing and introspection. Disagreeing with people is fine. Disagreeing strongly is fine. Personal attacks towards another member is NOT fine. Members who are repeatedly offensive or unable to discuss in a reasonable manner may be warned, have the offending posts deleted and/or be banned.
- Gossip and invasions of people's personal lives is NOT OK. Saying you disagree with someone's idea, or such-and-such business is OK. Even saying that you think their ideas are stupid is OK. Scouring Facebook for pictures of their girlfriend or looking up their home address is not OK. Offending members will immediately be banned and their posts deleted.
- Avatars or posted images of pornographic nudity will be removed without warning. Repeat offenders may be banned. This forum is part of my business and my livelihood. Having people posting porn on my site is about the last thing I need.
- Extreme hateful language such as racism, sexism, homophobia, etc., will be deleted and you may be banned. See above. Not to mention you just sound like a bigot and a douchebag.
- IMPORTANT!: Do NOT offer advice on situations you yourself have no personal experience. You're doing a disservice to the person you're trying to help. You're doing a disservice to other readers. And you're ultimately just fooling yourself. That and the guys who HAVE experience will not be fooled. Newbies talking out of their ass are incredibly easy to spot a mile away. Don't be one of them.
Example of Acceptable Promotion:
- Links to commercial websites and products are permitted under the following conditions: 1) You offer full disclosure of your relationship to the site/product; 2) The link is relevant to the discussion; 3) You are not pitching a sale.
- Definition of pitching: your sole intent or purpose of posting is to sell someone on a commercial website or product. You engage in copywriting or sales tactics, INCLUDING offering free-line or promotional content to PracticalPickup.com readers.
- Links in signatures are OK under the following circumstances: 1) You are a contributing member to this forum; 2) Your signature contains no sales copy.
- Exceptions are ONLY granted to people who are given permission
- Obviously, this is my site, and I will promote my own shit whenever I want.
"My Blog: [link]"
Example of UNACCEPTABLE Promotion:
"The 7-Step Method That DESTROYS ALL FLAKES! Get It Now! [link]"
Coaching and Advice:
- DO NOT solicit me for advice through private messages. I will either not answer them, tell you to post your questions publicly, or tell you to buy coaching. This is what I do for a living and I'm bombarded with questions from guys 24/7. I'm not a charity.
- There are no promises when it comes to answering your questions on the forums. If you seriously want my help, then I recommend either signing up for the G3 Program or for coaching from me. Then I'm all yours.
- If you see me regularly answering a particular members advice on the board, it's probably because they're either a former student of mine, a current student of mine, or a member of the G3 Program.
- Feel free to ask for advice or post advice to other members. The more the merrier.
OK, I think that about does it. Any questions or clarifications, please private message me or email me at: mark at practicalpickup.com
|04-07-2011 05:52 PM